Dry Creek Products
The Machine Operator performs typical machine shop and mold press operations to support the assembly floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Detecting and reporting defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and following prescribed safety regulations
- Performing prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts
- Being able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, taping, de-burring, molding, and all bench operations and inspect
- Remaining familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above
- Accepting and receiving frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum one year factory related experience
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to plant environment to include moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. Safety Glasses must be worn at all times. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com